Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My thermostat has started to change AC settings at 6:00 PM

Customer Question

My thermostat has started to change AC settings at 6:00 PM for no known reason. how can I cancel this out and control the temp. setting myself like I have been doing for over a year without any problem,
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Specific to my thermostate
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I found the section in the instruction book for doing a schedule override. is that the correct area I should be at.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, it will be easiest to simply replace the thermostat with a non programmable model, however if you can pry the existing thermostat gently from its wall mounted sub base, and hold it in your hand, and get me the brand name and the numbers from the back of it, I can most likely pull the manual on it for you.

We can go from there.