HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Recently replaced capacitor on xe1200 took off side panel

Customer Question
coils dirty. Turned off inside...
Recently replaced capacitor on xe1200 took off side panel coils dirty. Turned off inside breaker to unit
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I turned stat off. Not sure where to look for filters
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Lol. Seriously doubt it, but making sure it's not something simple first
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I wasn't home when it went out. I turned stat on shortly Unit was hot
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Not blowing inside. Fan didn't come on immediately when I engaged stat and unit felt hot so I turned off. They said unit was hot earlier. Don't see any ice
7/22/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Is anything trying to run. Feel motor inside to see if hot. Feel top of outside fan motor to see if hot. Russ

it's humming. And it's hot

Sounds like a bad capacitor or bad motor. What is model number of unit and I will check size of cap. Russ

Capacitor was recently replaced. Trane xe 1200

What tonnage look on name plate please

Unit will be hot if outside fan is not working.

Should be 50uf 7.5 uf capacitor on unit. If capacitor is good you have a bad fan motor. Russ

I am a Trane dealer here on the Gulf Coast. Any other questions. Russ

HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago

Do you still need help. Russ

That XE1200 was top of the line back in 1999. You have had good service out of that one. Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician