Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am replacing my blower motorr in my Heil AC unit. I had a

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I am replacing my blower motorr in my Heil AC unit.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I had a tech come out and he was going to replace the motor, i figured I could accomplish it.... the motor would stop after about 5 min of operation and shut off the breaker..... it started t osmoke in the closet where the AC unit was located
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes i was just about to replace, but the capacitor on the old unit is an oval single and the capacitor that I purchased is a dual round
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can I use the dual round
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just was processed my credit card, I thought there was someone on the chat line as you led me to believe and now you are saying that I have a monthly cost to be a member....... cancel whatever membership or whatever offer you guys are trying to me to agree to.... thank you but I do not want the answer because you are trying to get me into a monthly membership without my approval and you led me to believe this was a live chat response.... not until I paid you told me that it might be one day before I get an answer.......
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not received an answer ... I would like a refund who do I talk to to get a refund and the shady process you have for getting people to sign up
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, instant service especially late at night is not always possible

To answer your question you need to buy a new two pole capacitor rated for that motor the micro Farad rating will be on the wiring diagram for the motor, generally in the 4 to 7uF range but you need to get it exactly, $7 at Grainger industrial supply.

We can go from there if you wish, I will be in for another hour tonight then back all day tomorrow

Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

You can still get a refund if you wish, just locate the 'report question' link and click on it