HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Sorry for the delay, i have a Lennox furnace and ac unit in…

Customer Question
Hello, sorry for the...

Hello, sorry for the delay

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I have a Lennox furnace and ac unit in my condo, and the problem started over 2 years ago. The ac unit works fine, but after a cooling cycle the unit makes a loud noise of variable lengths and noise.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I change the filers on a regular bases

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I don't want to buy a new unit either. Half of the unit is on the roof and the other half in the utility closet. The length from the roof to my 2nd floor unit is about 20 feet.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The copper return line has a filter/dryer and return line that vibrates at the same freq. the filter/dryer is soldered in the return lint.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 day by:
7/17/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Is the noise a hammering noise like someone banging on pipe?

More like a cycren or high pitch
The dryer/filter unit is a "Catch all", inline, using solder connections. Could the filter be full and the pressure finds it way out through a oriface?

The metering device needs to be replaced in coil.