Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have 50HJ066 acutrol metering device changed refrigerant to

Customer Question

Have 50HJ066 acutrol metering device changed refrigerant to 407c unit takes 10 lbs on label but had to charge 16 lbs but metering device freezing
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: All those are good
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We are presently doing so
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Refrigerant has been removed vacuumed and about to recharge
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 13 days ago.

Hello, the metering device is restricted with dirt, debris or ice.

Tell me the head and suction pressures, and the exact outside and indoor temperatures taken at the very same time. when charged with 10 or 11 lbs of refrigerant.

click here for the pressure temperature chart that includes R 407c.

with the room at 72F the suction pressure should be no lower than 51.5 psig if the suction line is longer than 25 feet, and no higher than 54.8 psig if the suction line is shorter than 15 feet

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/ electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair, and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.. ...rate my simple answer so far positively..and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak..

.

If you can agree to that, rate now, lets continue by all means.

We can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 13 days ago.

.