Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a plastic Bemis toliet seat that just broke off in

Customer Question

Hi I have a plastic Bemis toliet seat that just broke off in the hinge from the lid to the bracket. Can I replace the hinge with a more sturdy hinge or do I have to buy a whole new seat?>
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it's been loose for a while the white part into the lid broke off. there's a little bit of it extended but not much.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Im a woman who doesn't know about plumbing but I have a technican coming tomorrow to install a new ice maker. Can we buy parts somewhere?
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is at least 7-8 years old. A wisper soft elongated. I'd have to see if I can fine the plumbers bill.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't see a model # on the lid or seat. do have a part number on the cylinder of the hinge.....2810105
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You have to buy a whole new seat. You should be able to get one at Home Depot or Lowes. Just measure the width and length at the widest point and measure how far apart the bolts through the toilet bowl are