Michael Ferryman
Michael Ferryman,
Experience:  Operating Engineer at NRG Energy
74044555

I have a trane weathertron xt500, thermastat and it its

Customer Question

i have a trane weathertron xt500
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: thermastat and it its running but i cant figure out how to cancel the run program
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: i think its just the thermostart
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we replaced the batteries yesterday, and now it doesnt work i mean its running, but i think its on wake mode
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the problem is the programing, I think it is on wake mode and i dont know how to get it off the program
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, you should simply be able to turn the thermostat to the OFF position. If you can gently pry the thermostat from its wall mounted sub base, and hold it in your hand, the back of the thermostat will have the brand name and model number. I will pull the operators manual for you.

We can go from there.

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/ electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.

.

All I ask is please select the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair, and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.. ...rate my simple answer so far positively..and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

If you can agree to that, rate now, lets continue by all means.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
model no:: taystat501
trane weathertron x500
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

I could not find a manual for that thermostat.

I will opt out so that other of our experts here can see your question and might have that manual

Expert:  Michael Ferryman replied 3 months ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?

in most cases if you have a thermostat with a program in it and you just want to run aa set temperature there should be a hold switch on it. if that is the case you can flip the switch and then set a desired temp and you should not encounter this issue again.