Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I just bought Wi-Fi programmable thermostat and I don't have

Customer Question

i just bought Wi-Fi programmable thermostat and I don't have the C wiring so I need an alternate solution, tried you website to find videos but no luck
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: sorry I just the 4 tabs about I should switch from Heat to cooling
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: on the therostat yes a tech is coming later to check the capaciter and freon
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I labeled the old/existing wires and took off the old thermostat
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

The easiest way to solve your problem is to move the lead currently on G to C both at the thermostat and at the furnace terminal strip. Then install a jumper between Y & G at the furnace terminal strip. The blower will still function in either heat or cool modes but you will lose the option to turn the fan on manually at the thermostat

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Rick, I see your response but it blurred out, how to view it correctly?
Expert:  Rick replied 10 days ago.

Here it is again:

Expert:  Rick replied 10 days ago.

Do you have more questions?