Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a gibson C5BA-T42C- evaporator coil. Had a new

Customer Question

I have a gibson C5BA-T42C- B evaporator coil. Had a new condenser put in. they didn't change the coil. Said it would be ok. They used r410a freon. Case on this coil say r22. Is this coil going to work or will i have trouble down the road.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About a month
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, just want to know if this is ok.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, the R22 coil is rated for 150 lbs pressure, the R410a runs 100 lbs higher pressure at times... the main issue though is the POE oil in the new system scours out dirt and debris from the old R22 tubing and can easily precipitate leaks. 50% chance you will have a leak.

.

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/ electrical/refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.

.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.