Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a fedders A/C unit built into my wall, It's been

Customer Question

I have a fedders A/C unit built into my wall, It's been there for 10 yrs, today it will not turn on and there is a code of EE lit up on it? What can I do?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: i didn't how di I check the thermostat?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know what else to do
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no not that i can think of
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 13 days ago.

Hello, if you are familiar with appliance repair, I can coach you in accessing the insides of the AC unit and performing some tests, there is about a 20% chance that I can coach you to a fix in 2 or 3 hours.

.

If you are not familiar with this sort of work now would be an excellent time to replace the unit...at 10 years it is at its normal life span. Paying $125/hr for repairs will not be a good idea in the long run.

.

.Let me know about that, we can go from there,

.

I ama retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/ electrical/refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with56 years in thisbusiness. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.

.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK***atthe top of your page, that is the only way I amcredited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair, and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course.

.

For that service ...rate mysimple answer so far positively..and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

If you can agree to that, rate now, lets continue by all means.

Expert:  Phil replied 13 days ago.

.

.

.

I ama retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/ electrical/refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally.

.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

.

.

For that service ...rate my simple answer so far positively..and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.