HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have an April We have an, aprilAir humidifier 760. There

We have an April We...
We have an April We have an
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: aprilAir humidifier 760. There is an excessive amount of water coming from a drain line. The unit is turned off, and there is high humidity in the area and crawlspace. Is this normal? Just discovered the leak, but we had a huge water bill for the last month.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: The humidistat is turned off, did not check filters.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, but I can access the unit if needed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is all I know.
7/3/2017
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

If there is water coming from the drain line with the unit off the water valve may be bad and stuck open. SHut the water off to the unit and I would suggest changing the water valve out on the humidifier. That is about all that would cause that issue. Here is a link to the part it is common to go bad for that issue.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH