HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am trying to install a Honeywell WiFi thermostat to

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to install a Honeywell WiFi thermostat to control a Nordyne E3EB020H central HVAC. This tstat requires a common (c) wire, and there is an unused wire at the thermostat that looks like it should do the trick. However, I don't know where to connect it on the air handler end, since there is no traditional wiring block and nothing marked with a C or other common power source indicator.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Not applicable.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Straightforward question, I think

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
6/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello,I am a retired mechanical engineer and electrical contractor with 56 years in this business. I will go in depth with you, and up to a6 hour time limit.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied. If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

.

Please send me a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door, it must be *exceedingly well focused. And send a photo of the printed circuit board where the thermostat wires attach that shows the terminal letters, R, Y, W, G, C etc.

I will mark those up with wiring instructions for you.

Stay in touch as needed. When you have all that you need please select the 'finish and rate your expert' link near the top of your page to close the question, I will appreciate it.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo's to me