HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The circuit breaker keeps shutting off when the Rheem

Customer Question
The circuit breaker keeps...

The circuit breaker keeps shutting off when the Rheem furnance/air conditioner tries to come on. What is our problem? We just had a new capacitor put in about two weeks ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

We have the thermostat set for 69 and the indoor temp right now registers 78. Filters were replaced the same time the capacitor was replaced

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working on Friday and then nothing. It is an outdoor unit. Our outside temperature has been between 94 and 98 degrees this past week.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to have a general idea on what it will cost to have it fixed, if I can not repair it myself (approximately).
6/25/2017
HVAC Technician: D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager replied 1 year ago
D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Hi, was this a capacitor for the outdoor unit or indoor unit? Or is this a packaged unit?