HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Thank you for your time. i am trying determine where the…

Customer Question
Hello and thank you...

Hello and thank you for your time. i am trying determine where the placement of a Lennox Merit 14ACX-036-230 evaporative coils would be located within our home? The unit we thought would contain the coils in the attic of the house, appears to just be A Lennox furnace unit and upon inspection, we could not locate any evaporative coils

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

We did not see any obvious filters on the furnace unit, or at least anything that resembled the manuals pictures of the coils or the images we viewed on the internet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, hopefully to clean the coils at least. We had a tech come out this week and "serviced" the outside ground unit, repaired frayed wires on said unit but he did not clean the coils or even venture into the attic. He stated the unit could take many hours before it would be cool again, but after 2 days now the overhead a/c is unable to lower the thermostats in the house (3 different locations zone unit) even a single degree. He also stated when we called back to question him about the repair that it would be a 6 hour job to clean the coils and he would cut some pipe?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
6/23/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The coil will be a separate unit right on top (if vertical) or beside (if horizontal) the furnace. You should see the copper refrigerant lines entering coil

To clean coils, he will have to pump down refrigerant, cut copper pipes and remove coil to clean it.Then re install, weld copper pipes back in, pull a vacuum on the system and the release refrigerant back into system.