HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a custom ac installation i need help with. I have a…

I have a custom ac...
I have a custom ac installation i need help with. I have a 1500 sq ft shop with a waste oil heater and no ac. It has a very strong 4200 cfm fan. A friend gave me a 3 ton ac condenser and coil (coil is without a box, i think you call it air handler?). I would like to know if there is a way for us to attach the coil to the waste oil heater fan, what type of box we would need for that etc. We would have a licensed contractor attach everything, and charge it up, we just want to see how feasible it is, and maybe move the equipment to where it belongs first as that we can do ourselves. I can provide a picture of what it looks like now.
6/22/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you slow the fan speed down on the furnace? THe 4200cfms would move way to much air across coil to pickup heat.We need to get tr down to about 1200cfms.

We are picking up ac not heat though? I don't understand.

1. To make air conditioning, we pick up heat from the building through the evaporator and remove the heat to outdoors.(You can not make cold, you can only remove heat resulting in cold)

2.Unfortunately the unit heater is not a good air source for the coil you have.You would be better off to locate you a used air handler on Craigslist or somewhere to use along with the outdoor unit.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
thank you!
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician