Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Venting Dutchwest convection heater. Can it be done with a

Customer Question

venting Dutchwest convection heater. Can it be done with a prefab chimney?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: For several months. The heater was jointly vented with a hot water heater to a chimney. But then a liner was installed which blocks the heater now.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: the liner prevents the heater fro functioning. The house is filled with smpke as soon as the heater is used
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Yes you can use all fuel vent pipe (required for a wood burning stove) if that's what you mean by a pre-fab chimney

Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

I hve been called away. I should be back within an hour and I'll answer any follow up questions when I get back. If you don't have any more questions I'd appreciate a favorable rating. The thread won't go away and I'll answer related follow up questions even after you rate me favorably