Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I need to replace a Carrier Air 5 rv ac unit. 15,000 BTU no

Customer Question

I need to replace a Carrier Air 5 rv ac unit. 15,000 BTU no heat pump has an air duct and uses a remote. I hear ya'll don't make rv ac units anymore and was wondering if you could give me any information about an equivalent ac unit made by coleman?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I'm looking for my husband. His dad's unit is super old. Its just needing to be replaced.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of. We just need to know what unit is the most similar to replace it with.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello,I am a retired mechanical engineer with 56 years in this business. I will go in depth with you, and up to a 6 hour time limit.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied. If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

.

click here for a video showing the kit you need to make this replacement.

Their web site is http://www.airxcel.com

The coleman AC unit shown will be available from most RV service shops such as Camping World.

Let me know if that video matches what you have or not. If not, I need the full and complete model number of the carrier unit.

Stay in touch as needed. When you have all that you need please select the 'finish and rate your expert' link near the top of your page to close the question, I will appreciate it.