Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My home central AC unit is Carrier 38EE003300 serial

Customer Question

My home central AC unit is Carrier 38EE003300 serial E658150. How old is it? How do I clean the fins?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: I have a residential old carrier central AC model 38EE003300 serial # E658150. How old is it? How do I wash the fins?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I spent over $300 on freon 2 summers ago. It works but does not cool so fast anymore. I thought cleaning could help. I have taken it somewhat apart and vacuumed what I could see. Should it be washed with a hose from the inside to the outside as I saw on videos?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello,I am a retired mechanical engineer with 56 years in this business. I will go in depth with you, and up to a 6 hour time limit.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied. If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

.

click here please, you need the spray on foaming type coil cleaner at any hardware store that sells AC coil cleaning products

If the system still fails to cool properly, the gas may have leaked out again, you will need some AC stop leak chemicals put in and more refrigerant added.

Stay in touch as needed. When you have all that you need please select the 'finish and rate your expert' link near the top of your page to close the question, I will appreciate it.