Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I00 have a GE Executive Weathertron model#BWR724A1. Is it a

Customer Question

I00 have a GE Executive Weathertron model#BWR724A1. Is it a one stage or 2 stage unit
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: NO I did not check I am not particuliarly tech savvy. I was hoping you could determine the answer from the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Actually this unit has had it and I need to replace it. I am happy with the service it has provided and wouldlike to replace it with the same stage performance. My furnace is 2 stage.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know if the two stage performance I was receiving was due to the furnace of the number of stages in the unit I am replacing. Although the unit was a heat pump It was wired for cooling only. To get the two stage performance, do I need a two stage unit or will my two stage furnace provide the performance I am looking for
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello,I am a retired mechanical engineer with 56 years in this business. I will go in depth with you, and up to a 6 hour time limit.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied. If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

.

The heat pump has a single stage compressor, but the thermostat in heating mode will have two stages, heat pump on stage 1 and auxiliary electric resistance heat in some applications for stage 2 heat. I would need the model number of the indoor air handler/ furnace to see if it has electric booster heat.

The model number you gave for the weathertron is not computing.