gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

My air conditioner just stopped working。 It turns on,but the

Customer Question

My air conditioner just stopped working。 It turns on,but the fan unit outside is not working。 What can I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 month ago.

Russ here Check the breaker for outside unit and see if it is tripped. Next check to see if the float switch on inside unit is tripped. It is located in the drain line. It will have 2 wires coming from it. If breaker is good and float switch is not tripped go to outside unit and feel fan on top of unit. If it is hot you have a bad fan or bad run capacitor. That is about as much as you can check without service tech. If you have more questions please get back with me. Russ

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hi are you there? I just found out the capacitor is the issue,This AC unit is from Goodman Manufacturing Co。, with a model# ***** (or G8C130241AE). Can you tell me what kind of capacitor do I need and where to get it?

The size 30uf/5uf 370 Just google 30/5 capacitor. Amazon has it for 10.98. You will save yourself a 200.00 service call. Good work. Russ

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can you find me a good part and send me a link?

Sure give me a moment. Russ

Trying to send link but failed. Just google 35/5 370 run capacitor and a dozen sites will come up. Price should not be over 12.00 with shipping. Russ