HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I did a factory reset on my Totalineand now only heat comes

Customer Question
I did a factory reset...
I did a factory reset on my Totaline(###) ###-####and now only heat comes out of vents. It doesn't feel like the fan is kicking on as high as it did before and it's not kicking on in auto mode.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Filters are irrelevant at this juncture. Yes, I checked the thermostat default settings. It appears to be correct. ...at least from my knowledge.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, it's Saturday and the temperature outdoors is above 80 degrees f.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can give you the exact furnace and a/c model and sn but it would take me a few minutes to record it from equipment.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
A/C Model: GSH130241A FURNACE MODEL: ARUF032-00A-1C THERMOSTATE TOTALINE P474-1050: Did factory reset on thermostat and now it feels like the fan is not kicking on and a/c is hot. How do I fix this?
6/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Charles Bodenheimer, HVAC Mechanic replied 5 months ago
Charles Bodenheimer
Charles Bodenheimer, HVAC Mechanic
Hello. Looks like you'll need to set up your t stat. What caused you to have to reset it? Thanks.
To calibrate thermometer to display actual room temperature. I've read the owner's manual of thermostat thoroughly and set configurations accordingly. However, I paid for this service looking for a professionally informed solution. It maybe related to the two stage system if it is a two stage system or too the 8 setting configurations not mentioned in the manual. Did you receive the furnace and a/c units model numbers? What can I do to resolve the matter beside installing a very basic thermostat? It almost sounds like one of the fans is not kicking on fully.
Ok. Thanks for waiting. I had to log out. I'm back. I'm checking my database with the info you gave me. Thanks.
It's a single stage hp.
You may have a bad t stat. Turn off the main power to both indoor and outdoor units for 5 mins. Lmk what happens. Thanks
Result: The air coming out of vents when the a/c is on, is hot, but the a/c unit was just fixed and the change was exactly correlative to the thermostat reset. What is the next step in troubleshooting/testing?
The bottom of the furnace unit in basement is nice and cool.
On the thermostat configurations you hold the MODE and DOWN keys for 7 seconds to enter ADVANCED SETUP MODE then press and hold FAN to reset to factory default settings (Fd appears). If I press the MODE button after that once the screen shows room temperature calibration which can be adjusted by clicking the UP and DOWN buttons: but what the owners manual fails to mention is that if I press mode in ROOM CALIBRATION screen is that when I press FAN repeatedly the screen shows 1 thru 8, but on 6 the green a/c light comes on and the a/c unit kicks on and on 7 the red light comes on and the a/c unit also kicks on. I do not know what all these 8 different room temperature calibrations options effect. Do you? Why do the green or red light come on when on 6 or 7? Does it matter which (1 thru 8) I use to set the room temperature?
The room calibration temperature range is 84-99. It will not let me adjust or set that the room temperature is 81 degrees, even though it is actually 81 degrees in the room.
Changed thermostat and same result: feels like heat coming out of vents.
Everything that you have suggested is basic common sense. I'm still looking to see from you something extraordinary for the amount of money and time I've spent communicating with you.
Hey Charles, have you looked into technical documentation and so forth on this? When can I expect a response from you?
If it's easier for you to call me, ring(###) ###-#### Thank you!
Ok. Sorry. I had to be away. Can you give me the temperature of the air? If you can use a volt meter. See if you have 24v going to the compressor contactor on a call for cooling. I did look at my data sheets. Thanks for waiting but you may have to call tech out. If so you can contact customer support. But check what I suggested if you can. Lmk. Thanks.
Charles Bodenheimer
Charles Bodenheimer
Charles Bodenheimer, HVAC Mechanic