HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Own a Focus Pro THR6320R wireless thermostat .Replaced

Customer Question
Own a Focus Pro...

Own a Focus Pro THR6320R wireless thermostat .Replaced batteries ,reset power, checked furnace door .I cannot get it to turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Thermostat and A/C are only 3 years old .Furnance was fine all Winter .Definetly thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just why would it shut down like that?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/4/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks,

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here.