Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We are attempting to move to a programmable thermostat.

Customer Question

Hi, we are attempting to move to a programmable thermostat.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Thermostat specific
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, husband and wife team. And yes we will stay married.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Our old system information... to follow The home at one time had a heat pump attached. The old thermostat diagram states... W-Y-G-O- -Rc-R- Bc The wires are attached as follows. W-Y have a jumper between them: The Y has one into the wall: G has one into the wall: O has the white into the wall: Rc-R have a jumper and the R has into the wall: the Blue wiring is wrapped off and the Bc is empty.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

If you don't have a heat pump what do you have now? Just heat (furnace) and AC?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
AZ - mobile home, outside unit it is a heating and AC unit. It could be a heat pump with AC.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not need to call. I am comfortable with the chat.
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please cancel this question... Was not expecting to wait for the answer. The deposit is okay, but do not charge any more to the card.
Susan