HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

IHello I have a Carrier 2000 SS Unit, that wont turn on. It

Customer Question
has a control board that...
IHello I have a Carrier 2000 SS Unit, that wont turn on. It has a control board that shows 3 red lights when powered on from themostat
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Larger AC Thermostat works fine for inside heating unit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine the other day, then it just stopped.. I tried resetting the breaker to see if that would help, but it did not
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/16/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Look on the label and give me complete model.Something like 38YRA037

38tra060340
It has the condenser pull power and next to that box, a weather sealed box with what looks like a control board. That is what
has the three red lights on it.
HVAC Technician: Charles Bodenheimer, HVAC Mechanic replied 8 months ago
Charles Bodenheimer
Charles Bodenheimer, HVAC Mechanic
That may be a load control installed by your power company. Does it have two wires going to the Condensor from it? Thanks
it does.
Ok. That's your load control. I've have been on many calls where this was the culprit. You can call your company to come out. Or if you know someone that knows how to bypass the load control until the power co can replace the load control. If you're mechanically inclined those two wires can be wired together to bypass the load control. Make sure the breakers are off to the air handler and Condensor. Send me a pic of the control to be safe. Use the file button to the left of where you type. Thanks
I will as soon as I return home
Ok
Lmk. I'm logging off. I'll be back on tomorrow afternoon est. thanks
Charles Bodenheimer
Charles Bodenheimer
Charles Bodenheimer, HVAC Mechanic