Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I need help

Customer Question

I need help
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My AC won't quit running. It might be a year old. I raised the temperature to 80 and it's still running at a smooth 65 degrees. How can I shut the entire system off??? Help!!! I have paid!
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, go outside to where the AC unit sits and turn off the disconnect on the wall, or pulll the fuse block out.

I am a retired mechanical engineer with 56 years in this business. I will go in depth with you, and up to a 6 hour time limit.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied. If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

OR you can go to the house breaker panel and look for a breaker marked AC or Air conditioner, or furnace, and turn it off.

Good luck with it, stay in touch as needed

When you have what you need from me just click the 'Finish and rate your expert.' link to close the question