Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am attempting yo repacle my thermostate. It is a ompact

Customer Question

I am attempting yo repacle my thermostate. It is a ompact heat/asir conditioner unit in high rise building and thermostate is old. One of the wires is white and has two connection points but the new thermostat does not show two connection points and I want to set it up correctly; this new one fits exactly into the wall, just this double one confuses me. Can you help?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Do not understand the question unit replaced five years ago butnot the thermostat. It seems simple but this double wire (white) is not shown on the new one.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hope to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: have maintenence men available in the building.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Sean replied 4 months ago.
Can you take a picture and attach it here of what we're looking at and I'll see if we can help :)