Charles Bodenheimer
Charles Bodenheimer, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  Owner at BoMech Solutions
98320956

My elderly parents are selling their home and as their

Customer Question

My elderly parents are selling their home and as their daughter, I am assisting them. the alarm system stopped beeping whenever a door is opened and I am trying to figure out why. The screen is flashing 2 zone numbers but I can find no door or windows open in either of these zones.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I also need to find out how my parents can get their security code, or else change their code, as neither of them remember what it was, is or could be.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The unit was installed when they built their house in 1990. I will go look for a model number.
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, what does it cost to have a security expert speak to me on line, and should I just have one come to the house and look it over in person?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Home-Security Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: Are they able to reset the passcode on line?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Charles Bodenheimer replied 4 months ago.
What is the make and model of your security system? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
From what I can tell, it's an ADEMCO Vista.
I believe it is a Style "A" Console. But I can't really tell if its a 5137AD ALPHA console or a 4137AD Fixed Word Console. I am going off the pictures in a manual I brought up on the internet.
My main concern is whether I can reset the pass code as I am afraid to try anything if I can't turn off the horn sound. Neither of my parents can remember the original pass code that they set.
Thank you,
Lisa Botham
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I agree that it would be easier to talk with you but only if you can help me reset the pass code. If you can't I will need to have a company representative come out to fix it.
Ok. Brb
Go here. This should help you reset the passcode. Lmk. Thanks.
http://www.home-security-systems-answers.com/ademco-home-alarm-system.html
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am aware of this box and the drawing on its door. Unfortunately there is no model number or other identifying information on this sheet. There is an address for ADEMCO in Syosset, NY, but nothing about a model name or number. The information that I have previously provided all came from the front of one of the monitors and an instruction manual I looked up for ADEMCO's alarm systems without having any specific information as to the type my parents have. I am assuming that without the ability to identify the exact type or model number of their alarm system through ADEMCO, you are unable to assist me. Is this correct?
It makes it difficult. But I'm thinking you may have 2 bad zone sensors. Usually they are generic for each system. And easy to replace. You should be able to go into the programming mode and test the sensor. Lmk. Thanks