HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Daikin Inverter and the heating Mode is not

Customer Question
available on the remote. Not...
I have a Daikin Inverter and the heating Mode is not available on the remote. Not sure when this happened but when I want to turn on the heating the symbol for heating doesn't eve come up on the remote...
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/10/2017
HVAC Technician: MattR757, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
MattR757
MattR757, HVAC Technician

Do you have more than one indoor unit? You may have a mode conflict between the indoor units. - With multi-unit heat pumps the mode locks out so you can't have one unit in heating while another unit is in cooling.

Turn all of the indoor units to fan mode and then, after about 1 min when the outdoor unit recognizes that nothing is in cooling mode, the heat mode should be available.

No no.I only have one unit.Simple installation. The only thing which is different now is that the heating mode is simply not available on the remote.

It's possible that the outdoor unit board is locked into cooling mode, or possibly a setting has been changed in the programming. You could try powering off the outdoor unit for about 1 minute to reset the outdoor control boards and see if you're modes unlock and become available.

I will research the issue and see if I can find any other possible solutions. In the meantime another expert may have some suggestions

I did try powering the outdoor unit down for 10 min and no change.
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, first make sure you have good batteries in the remote, if that fails remove the batteries from the remote and fit them in backwards for 60 seconds, then reinsert them in the correct position. Let me know how that goes.

(I will be out for about 2 hours, then I will get back to you)

Hi Phil. It didn't work. Not sure what we can try next? everything is ok except that the heating sign doesn't come on on the remote when I am going through the modes....

Thanks, ***** ***** case a Daikin dealer would try a different remote, if that failed he would he would look for a blinking LED error code on the outdoor unit printed circuit board, if there were none he would replace the printed circuit board.

Diagnosis is not easy on these, if you can tell me the full model number of both the inside and outside units I can pull the factory manual on your system. click here.

We can go from there

I couldn't find my model number in the link you sent. Inside Unit model number is ***** ,Outdoor unit model number is *****

click here for the Daikin error codes, if no error code is showing up, then the printed circuit board is most likely bad... that said, it takes Daikins factory test equipment to prove it.

If you need help finding a well rated Daikin technician in your area, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest larger town or city and I will search one up for you

I am happy to change the PCB myself.Do you know where I can buy one for that part # ?

Tell me please what large city you are nearest to. I will find you local parts source

Hi Phil. I am in Brisbane ,Queensland Australia. Post code 4118

http://www.hhaircon.com.au/

This outfit is rated 4 out of 5 stars on 14 votes and is a Daikin dealer.

They should have the instruments needed to check the board out, either ask them to come out and do the diagnosis to insure that it is indeed a bad board, or take the board in to them for testing.

Let me know how it goes

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer