HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a York diamond 90 dual source when I switched the

Customer Question
thermostat to cool for the...
I have a York diamond 90 dual source when I switched the thermostat to cool for the first time my furnace is lighting in producing heat
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes I did I set the thermostat even all the way down to 55 as it is 82° and Dorr and the furnace inducer turns on The pilot lights when he comes out
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/9/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

AllI ask is please select the ***5STAR RATING*** usingthe link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only wayI am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Hello,I am a retired mechanical engineer with 56 years in this business. I will go in depth with you, and up to a 6 hour time limit.

All I ask is please select the ***RATING LINK*** at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site.

Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied. If you can agree to that, lets continue by all means.

There is most likely a mistake in the thermostat wiring, please send me a photo of the wiring attachments to the wall mount plate of your thermostat, and a picture of the thermostat wire attachments inside the furnace blower area.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer