HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am changing my Vision pro out for the Honeywell 9000 but…

Customer Question
I am changing my...

I am changing my Vision pro out for the Honeywell 9000 but it is not powering on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

30 minutes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This is the wifi unit and it does not have batteries in it does that make a difference on how u wire it

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filters were just changed

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
4/1/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 year ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Do you have the C terminal connected to a good 24 volt common lead?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a blue wire connected to C

Was the blue wire connected to C on the old thermostat? did you shut off the power to the furnace before you started with the replacement?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It just replaced the exact same thermostat upstairs and it works fine

Do you have a multi-meter?