HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We think last nights storm causr rain to blow onto the vent

for our frigidaire furnace model...
We think last nights storm causr rain to blow onto the vent for our frigidaire furnace model FG6RC 080c and blew out the pilot light. How do we reset it?
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: Checking now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The filter seems fine
2/26/2017
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Turn the power off to the furnace, wait a minute then turn it back on. Tell me what happens.

This unit has no pilot

Ok we turned it off for a minute and turned it back on but nothing. The red light is on and there is a sligjt humming but nothong else
Now what?

The LED on the control board is on steady? no flashing?

Then that indicates the furnace is powered up but isn't getting a call for heat. The first thing to try is to turn the power off to the unit then connect the thermostat leads connected to the R & W terminals together then turn the power back on. Does the furnace respond?

Nothing
The red light is on steady but nothing new

Ok, next step is to go to the thermostat terminal strip on the furnace control board and jump the R & W terminals. Be sure to either put the blower compartment panel back in place or push in the blower door switch. That switch will kill the power to the unit unless it's pushed in

Still nothing.

Next step is to test for 120 vac to the draft inducer fan (leave R & W jumped).

Thanks but we'll have someone take a look at it tomorrow.

You're welcome

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor