HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Ruud furnace. error code says pressure switch stuck closed…

ruud furnace. error...

ruud furnace. error code says pressure switch stuck closed (4 blinks). I was trying to find out where that switch is. We have had high winds and at least one note suggested that might have tripped the switch.

Contractor's Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?

15 yrs. first problem ever had with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy. if not, will get service here.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Furnace isn't used that much as we mostly use wood stove.

2/24/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you give me complete model from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg

Pressure switch will have a rubber hose from vent motor housing and look like one of these.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
general model is Silhoutte II. Oh, I see, in burner compartment. Let me go look again. Also, this is a propane burning unit.

Model will be on label on left or right inside panel in burner compartment. Will be something like RGPH07EAUER

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
looks like UGLH-12EARJR

Try tapping the switch to see if contacts will open.If not you may have to replace it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found it. Gave it a rap with a screwdriver. Unit is now running again. THANKS!

If it sticks again you might want to replace the switch.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician