HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace blower will turn on but the AC condenser wont. I…

My furnace blower will...

My furnace blower will turn on but the AC condenser wont

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, i even removed them and condenser still wont turn on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a Rheem AC unit - 2016 model

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/12/2017
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, look for rodent or lawn edger damage to the two thermostat wires at the AC condenser. if there is no damage access those two wires where they connect inside the condensing unit and measure the voltage between them using a multi meter set on AC voltage

We can go from there

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no damage and no voltage to the wires. Furnace blower is on, AC thermostat is set to cool and well below current temperature. There is no LED error code on the furnace control board. Breaker was not tripped, tired resetting it anyways.There is a black button inside the pannel on the condenser. When i hold it in the condenser will start running. When i let it go it will stop...
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced fuse, jumped r & y and AC unit turned on. Call me back when you are free. Thanks

hello again, I tried to call and got your machine, I will try again later,

For now, verify a good yellow wire connection at the thermostat, pull on it to be sure it has not broken under the screw head.

We can go from there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was on hold waiting for you. Please try to call again.Thanks,