Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Ruud 1X2000 natural gas heater there is power to

Customer Question

I have a Ruud 1X2000 natural gas heater there is power to the unit but it will not operate I have unplugged it (wait couple min.) plugged back it and it did work for a while through the night / quit again repeated same process again worked for awhile and quit again / can see 2 little lite s (green) 1 is flashing on and off the one on the right nothing and thats as far I have gone thank you Mike
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: My wife has tried several things she doesnot know about double clicking but she says that there was a little indicator (flame) that was on display before wher now it is not and the filter was cleaned about a month ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No Im just trying to do simple trouble shooting Ive have in contact with Boyer (flagstaff) heating and air company in town that I will be setting a time to come out tomorrow
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I just thought I would try its 14 yrs old and has not been looked at so should be serviced anyway just thought I would try Thank You
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

Hello, there is most likely a problem with the ignition system, it could be anything from a dirty flame sensor rod to a bad igniter module.

Tell me a lot about your technical skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively.