HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a old Janitrol Unit Heater Product WH-30 that I cant…

Customer Question
I have a old...

I have a old Janitrol Unit Heater Product WH-30 that I cant find a wiring diagram for the life of me. I am installing it in my small 2 car shop . I have a few wires that I am unsure of . It appears that there is two sensors inside the unit with a total of four wires - Red, Yellow, Green, Black. Any Idea of how and where to wire this. It look like the previous owner had the yellow and fan motor wire wired together, the green and the other fan motor wired together and the red and black from the sensors wired together. I have been searching for days and cant get any info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Travis

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Dont need help with the Thermostat or filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
url=https://postimg.org/image/mo4acnlvt/][img]https://s28.postimg.org/mo4acnlvt/20170126_131903.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://postimg.org/image/50pkdnx5r/][img]https://s27.postimg.org/50pkdnx5r/20170126_131915.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://postimg.org/image/v8ajvudtf/][img]https://s29.postimg.org/v8ajvudtf/20170125_223523.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://postimg.org/image/efqvb5xav/][img]https://s23.postimg.org/efqvb5xav/20170125_223501.jpg[/img][/url]
1/27/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here one moment.

Can you take photo of wires. I have installed them but beed awhile. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just added them on here. Let me know if you can not view them
20170126_131903.jpg2017012...jpg20170126_131915.jpg2017012...jpg20170125_223523.jpg2017012...jpg20170125_223501.jpg2017012...jpg

Can you remove cover in middle and take picture; Just behind fan motor. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will, but I wont be able to for a few hours. I stepped out of the shop for a while.

OK. That is Old Janitrol/Goodman. Now Daikin has bought company.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did you see the 4 pictures I uploaded?

Yes . I need photo of the box with cover off attached to fan mounting. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russian,
Sorry for a late response. I hope these pictures are what you are looking for. I took the cover off of the box mounted behind the fan. Please let me know if there is any more pictures you need.
Travis
20170127_165436.jpg2017012...jpg20170127_165440.jpg2017012...jpg20170127_165531.jpg2017012...jpg20170127_165538.jpg2017012...jpg20170127_165603.jpg2017012...jpg

Ok wiring is good. You will need a 24 volt transformer to operate valve. Attached is a picture of transformer. Wire high voltage lead to power coming in 115 volt. 24 volt power to TR on gas valve. Russ

Sorry file did not down load. Go to supplyhouse.com Transformer AZ71D1188. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russ, I tried looking up by the part number you provided, but got no results. Could you please double check the part number, or send a link. Thank you sir.
Travis

Honeywell AZ72D1188

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russ, the part number still doesn't pull up in a Google search. This is what pulls up when I Google search the Honeywell part -
https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-AT72D1683-120V-24V-Transformer/dp/B000692A58If this transformer, or another one is best please let me know.
Also, once I have the transformer, I still need to know how to wire this up. Do you have a diagram I can follow? Even a hand sketched diagram?Thanks,
Travis

Sorry AT72D1188

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russ,
I ordered the transformer part number (attached photo) you supplied. I should receive it in the next few days. Do you have a wiring diagram I can follow for once I get the transformer? I have 6 wires to follow. 2 - fan power and 4 that lead to the sensors. If you could provide a diagram that would be most helpful.
Thanks,
Travis

Will get back today with diagram. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Sir

OK.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Russ, I received the transformer today. Any luck on getting me that wiring diagram or a simple drawing of how to wire?
Travis

One more thing the four leads going to switch inside. You will need to use your meter and ohm them to see which is open and which is closed. 1st seperate wires. Place your leads between Red and yellow and green and black. Once I know which is open. It will be easy to wire from there. Russ

When is best time for you to be online and we can walk thru the wiring. Russ

One more step and we can wire unit. If you have a voltmeter it will have an ohms scale. Take the 4 leads loose going into unit, Separate. Put wire leads between Green and black and Red and yellow. Green and black should be open and yellow and red should show closed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will get my ohm meter on it shortly. The best time for today is in 3 hours 12:30 pm MST .
I will check and report back what is happening.

Ok. Russ

If you have info on switch I will attach drawing. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Here is what I found -
Red & yellow = 0.00 (closed?)
Green & black = 1 (open?) I read at 200k ohm

Here is crude diagram

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer