HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a 15-20 yr old white-Rodgers thermostat wired to an…

Customer Question
We have a 15-20...

We have a 15-20 yr old white-Rodgers thermostat wired to an attic furnace; a pain to get to. We have to keep getting up in there to reset it. This time it's not coming on?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

We are puzzled by the connection between them. The fan will run.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can do it, what do you think?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, we turn the thermostat down to 40 degrees. My husband gets in the attic and does the instruction in the manual, then I turn the thermostat up to 80 when he tells me. After a minute or two it comes on. Not this time.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
1/20/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

What does he do in attic?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have no idea, that is why I told you the question, and added further details of which I don't see here.

I do not see any details. All I see is My husband gets in the attic and does the instruction in the manual,

I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1) turn off gas & electricity
2) open blower compartment & control door
3) turn control switch off
4) wait 5 mins.
5) turn gas valve switch on
6) replace access doors
7) turn on electrical supply
8) open gas valve
9) set room thermostat to 80

I see no one picked your question up after I had to leave.Do you still need help?