airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a Lennox CBX32MV-060-6-06 air handler and a Honeywell

Customer Question

I have a Lennox CBX32MV-060-6-06 air handler and a Honeywell visionPro TH8000 thermostat. The problem I am having is that once I set a temperature on the stat and the room air temperature reaches the set temperature my air handler runs for approximately 3 minutes then shuts down for approx 1 1/2 minutes then runs again for approx 3 minutes. It continues to do this until I lower the temperature setting and when it reaches that lower setting it starts over again with the constant cycling.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I started out at 67 degrees and it constantly cycled, then lowered it to 65 degrees and it stopped until the air temperature reached 65. I did not check the filter.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes unless it is something covered under warranty
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is an electric heat pump and the outside air temp has been in the single digits so my condenser is locked out and I am running on emergency heat
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 7 months ago.

It sounds like you have either a sequencer or a relay that is bringing blower back on.What is serial number on unit?

Just looked in manual and it appears you have what is called a variable speed ecm motor. Let me look a little deeper into issue.

The motor Is high voltage powered but low voltage controlled through a BDC control board.Issue is with either the board or the bell control on end of motor.But unless you have a special ecm tester you will need to have hvac guy determine issue and correct.

If less than 10 years old, should be covered under warranty.

Age can be determined by serial number

http://www.buildingcenter.org/lennox%20date%20of%20manufacture