Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a furnace 2004 model # 315AAV048090 and it will come

Customer Question

I have a Bryant furnace 2004 model # 315AAV048090 and it will come on and heat for about 5-6 minutes and then shut down and then restart sometimes and sometimes not. I have cleared the vaccum switch tube ,checked limits and flame sensor and installed new thermostat thinking the old one had a bad anticipator. Is it in the control board?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: yes. filters are new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 months ago.

Look in blower compartment and see if we have a control board with a blinking light.If so tell me the pattern of that flash when it should be running and is not..That will indicate what is wrong and tell us where to start troubleshooting.