Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Having up dated a very old furnace with a beckett afg burner

Customer Question

hello; having up dated a very old furnace with a beckett afg burner and honeywell L4064 combination fan and limit control, and a honeywell CT87K thermostat,, and waiting for a honeywell R7284U/1004 burner control, . When connecting the thermostat up to the new conrtol (R7284) will the thermostat circuit require a 24 volt transformer wired in series ?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: to clarify this is a modernization of a very old furnace that other than outdated controls and burner is in good condition.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of at this moment
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

No transformer in the thermostat circuit in this config.