Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Thank you! Pretty cold out here in Wa state and it seems

Thank you! Pretty cold out here in Wa state and it seems that my furnace overheated and shut down do I need to call a service guy I have it shut off now,
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: Yes, I took it out needs to be replaced
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: to replace the filter is easy just not sure beyond that
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It had a hot smell. It is in a pretty small room and I think it just overheated. It did not trip the circuit

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Try turning the power off to the furnace wait a minute then turn it back on. Tell me what happens.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wellll, we were getting pretty cold and so put in a new filter, let it sit til it cooled 0ff and is now working great. I realize I was charged the full amount for just this answer and there are no further charges. I do appreciate the help, thanks!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am great and need no more help

You're welcome