Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

You helped me last week (see prior question). Part # was

Customer Question

You helped me last week (see prior question). Part # was wrong but I pulled the old circuit board and got the correct #HK42FZ011. That led me to the universal White Rodgers 50m56u-843. I installed it but now get a flashing 6 code. Guide says -open rollout switch or open fuse. I assume this means I put something on the wrong tab terminal. Or shorted something. As a reminder- a tech had some months ago bypassed the board to make the fan run 24-7. So when I was working I tried to trace the wiring back to be sure it was placed right. Thinking that may be where the problem lies. Any help appreciated.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.

First I apologize for the wrong board number.

I went with the bulk of installs and was wrong on this one.

As far as 6 code. Is the small fuse on the board still good? shown HERE

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No problem. It was easy to replace

is the 3 amp fuse on new board still good?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's a new board so I assume it is. Will look it over now. Just a moment. I need to pull the dust cover again.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Looks fine. No dark spot. Anything else I should look for on the fuse?

now check the rollouts..press center buttons...make sure wires are on secure.

do you have a meter if needed?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is that push on the connectors and the tab terminals? Yes I have a meter.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The unit powers up and the inducer engages. I think I may have wired the fan wrong since I didn't have an example to go by. Because there was the bypass in place before. For instance, the green ground wire wasn't attached to anything- so I put it on the G screw. And I had to try to figure out which wire went to the L1 originally because there was a dual tab for the bypass.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will check connections now. Thanks.

I have to go offline for an hour but will open this to the others so anyone can help.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
All are secure.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is from old board on the fan bypass. The two on the left are on the dual tab terminal on L1. How can I tell which one is to connect to LINE H and which goes to COOL H on the new board?