HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an LG ArtCool mini split and the unit is turning on

in heat mode, opening up...
I have an LG ArtCool mini split and the unit is turning on in heat mode, opening up and then closing back down and shutting off. It's in my condo unit where I have a renter and I am not on site. I'd like to have a couple of things to have him check before I call him back.
Model # LAN126HNP Indoor/LAU126HNP Outdoor
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/8/2017
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here have him check filer to see if it is stopped up. Russ

I had him check the filter and clean it. No help. we did that will we were waiting for a response. The ac mode seems to be functioning properly.

Have him increase fan speed on remote. Sounds like a sensor may be bad. There is a sensor that governs fan speed and temp. Increase fan speed let me know if it works and we will go from there. Russ

On it!
Tenant had to go to work and will try when he returns. Guess I'll have to let you know. Do you know the part that is possibly defective? I can be ready to order it.

I will find part number and attach. Russ

Thanks, I'll keep you posted!
Just heard back, he said he did try all fan settings and low and high temp settings.
sending you manual I have, I was looking at electrical drawing and sensors

Have him look lower right side of Art Cool. There is blinking LED. Count flashes and let me know. It will tell which sensor is bad. The manufacturer discontinued that model July 2013 because of to many problems with unit. Russ

will do. I have another in another unit. So that's not good to hear. I couldn't find the error codes yet. I'll tell him. And get back to you. If you have error codes and don't mind sharing them with this unit, I would appreciate it. I'm a field service engineer for Heidelberg and have a pretty good idea what I'm doing. But if not I'll take all the help I can get. Thanks!
By the way another installed in my third condo unit in a month or so, another 9000 btu unit if you have any suggestions (models) I'm all ears.

Will do. Russ

Hi Russell, just a follow up to this, my tenant did a POR on the unit and seemed to clear the fault and the unit started functioning normally. I waited to see if there were any further issues, but looks good. Thanks for the help. If you have any suggestions for the type of mini-split I should buy for my other condo, let me know

Thanks. Glad you are back online. Daikon makes an excellent mini split. If no further questions please rate my answer. Thanks. Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician