Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Lenox unit thermostat calls for heat inducer motor starts

Customer Question

lenox unit thermostat calls for heat inducer motor starts led light blinking normal call for heat ,inducer shuts of then fast flash on led trouble shooting led.code says ignitor bad or circuit problem. ohm ignitor got 100 which i believe is right for this model.but i disconnect glow plug and ohm but no beep for continuity. my qestion is is the ignitor faulty and is that the curcuit that that the code panel states?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: filters clean t-stat ok
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well yes but lenox parts are tough to get. i have a little tech no how but lenox lways seems to stump me. its a two stage heater for got to mention.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well i checked inducer hose for leaks negative there.pressure switch good and roll out switches ok.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 9 months ago.

Russ here. Yes that is igniter the flash code is states. On the glow plug if you have no continuity it i bad. If you could give me model number I will double check. Russ

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
model #cx3438B6F serial#50005C05980

Went thru the flow charts. Comes up igniter faulty(bad) replace igniter.