Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

My furnace will not ignite. the exhaust pipe got plugged and

Customer Question

my furnace will not ignite. the exhaust pipe got plugged and I cleared it but the furnance will not go through the purge cycle
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it about a year ago model#GMVC960803BNAA Serial #(###) ###-####JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it was working yesterday morning and I discovered it not working today at 3.30 pm
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the furnance is in my shop
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Try turning off the 120 volt breaker to the furnace for 30 seconds to reset it. If this doesn't work, it's possible the vent was partially clogged at some point and the flame rolled out of the burner. Right next to the burners in the furnace there will be one or more flame roll out switches and they are manual reset safeties. There will be a tiny pushbutton in the center of the roll out switch between the two wiring terminal connectors. Try resetting that(those) switch(switches). Click Here for a picture of a roll out switch.

One of these solutions should get you back up and running after a clogged exhaust vent.

Try that and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Brian