HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Dyna-Glo vent free LP/natural gas 20,000 BTU room

Customer Question
heater. It is set...
I have a Dyna-Glo vent free LP/natural gas 20,000 BTU room heater. It is set up to use LP gas. Got it new at a local big box store. Attached the hose, which runs through the outside wall to the tank. Followed instructions to the "T"....nothing. Made sure gas was coming through. Checked out OK. Called the department manager at the store who told me to bring it back for an exchange. Second one is doing the same thing. Nothing. Call guy back and he said we needed a high pressure two stage regulator (they had sold us a low pressure one with the identical 1st one.)
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 4 hours today and a couple hours with the 1st go-a-round
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. We did not think a big box heater would involve a professional heating person.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: There are no filters. The pilot light's similiar setup to a hot water heater....push down while also pushing on the electronic ignitor button.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The LP tank is new and they had to take all of the air out the first time we had it filled. I remember the guy who filled it said it took about a pound less than most tanks, but he did not see any problem
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
On 1-1-2017 I asked the questions above. I have received no response. Help! My phone is(###) ###-####
Answered in 6 days by:
1/14/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

How long is line to heater. If it is very long you have to purge line. Russ

Sorry for wait. Russ

Four feet. How do you purge the line?

Crack line a heater for a second. Russ

Can I have model number of that heater please

Barely crack line. When you turn to pilot you will need to press down a little to let gas into pilot. Russ

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer