Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Furnance and am getting error code 33. The filter

Customer Question

I have a Bryant Furnance and am getting error code 33. The filter is clean, The limit switch is new, the capacitor on the blower is new and the blower is only a year old. I even swept the blower compartment and cleaned parts in the burner compartment. After all this it continues to trip the switch. Any suggestions on what I should try next. It is 10 degrees outside and 58 degrees inside.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: It is more than 20 years old. I believe I was told it was installed in the 90s but can't say for sure.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I work at a large greenhouse and have some experience installing and servicing unit heaters. If it is not e
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was about to that I have the tools and basic know how that if it is not very highl level repair I should be able to tackle it. c
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 9 months ago.

does the main circulation blower (not exhaust) run reliably?