Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have an electric radient heat system in our bathroom

Customer Question

We have an electric radient heat system in our bathroom floor with a Honeywell thermostat. It's about three years old. The floor never feels how. Thermostat indicates the room air temp is 71 degrees, but when I set the temo to 76, it stays at 71 any ideas?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I've reset the thermostat multiple times. I've not checked the filters. Didn't know there were filters
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can, yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Where can I find the information on how to clean the filters?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There are no filters. Please ignore the questions the automated assistant asked. If the floor never gets warm then you either have a broken cable in or to the floor or possible a tripped breaker. Have you checked the breaker in the breaker panel.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the breakers are not tripped. The other individual suggested that bi clean the filters on the thermostat. I was not aware there were filters and need to know how to do this. Floor does get warm, just not as warm as last year. It's not a broken cable
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
well, the Honeywell site stated there were filters on the thermostat
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, if the floor gets warm the thermostat is fine, filters or no filters. Filters however are mostly seen with hot water floor heating, not with electric floor heating since there is no liquid that needs filtering with electric floor heat.

The electric floor heat is not designed to heat over 71 or 72 on days, you will have to wait for a day over 60F outside to see of the floor will heat the room to 76F or not.