HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

New trane xv95 with ecobee 3 thermostat. thermostat says

Customer Question
heat is running but furnace...
new trane xv95 with ecobee 3 thermostat. thermostat says heat is running but furnace is not running
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: everything is new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it's already installed
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/6/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. 1st thing go to furnace and turn off power and then back on . This will clear any faults. Retry furnace. If furnace does not fire go to furnace and look thru small window in blower door. You will see a flashing LED. Count the flashes and let me know. Russ

There is a fault chart on furnace. It will get us in right area. Russ

Be out of pocket for about one hour. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok furnace is now running, but should system or thermostat control the heat stages

Yes the thermostat controls heat stages. Depending on how thermostat is wired the furnace will run 7 minutes on low stage before going to high. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok what's happening is it is just running on high

Sorry for wait. Ice storm in area. If the thermostat is set a few degrees below set point the furnace will go to high fire. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks

You are welcome. Good working with you. You can rate now. 3 stars or above or I do not get paid. Russ

If you are satisfied with answer please rate service. Thanks Russ

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician