Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a 373LAV03036050, It blow's lukewarm air how can I

Customer Question

Hi,I have a Bryant 373LAV03036050
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It blow's lukewarm air how can I get this to blow hot air?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I don't think we have filter in this unit. I've never been able to locate it. The only filters I've replaced is the one located in the hall which is where the furnace connects too. The furnace I have is about 15 yrs old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. The furnace is maintaining the heat our thermostat is set to. So the house is warm, but it isn't blowing hot air. It's lukeware/cool air and takes forever to heat the house.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything else on the unit is operational. A couple years ago we had a service tech come out to replace the igniter. The inducer motor has also been replaced.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 8 months ago.

You can lower the fan speed to deliver hotter air. Really need to have gas pressure checked. Low gas pressure will lead to lower air temp from ductwork. A check you can make is take a thermometer and take a reading of air entering return where you replace filter. Take another reading at closest supply vent. With has furnace it should be a difference of about 35 to 45 degrees. Russ

If you have not had the unit serviced in awhile you need to because the gas pressure and CO2 needs to be checked. Russ

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Would it make a difference if the furnace is in the attic? We thought maybe it could, and then ruled it out. I don't noticed excessive gas smell, which means I know there's no leaks. How do we check gas low pressure or do we need to have a tech come out?

The only thing I would look for in attic is to check where the furnace attached to duct on return side to see if it has come loose. It happens more than you think. The gas pressure needs to be checked by a service tech. He has the manometer to check pressure. There is safety issue here. Russ