D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience. Design, install, service of residential & commercial hvac/r equip.
76443755

Maintenance director to sacread heart home in phila I just

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** maintenance director to sacread heart home in phila I just installed a new weil mclain boiler 88 I would could you email me a spec sheet for what the ph elkalinity what you recamend for chemical treatment
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I just installed it I had one of Mclains reps come out for start up he told me that the ph was to hight its around 10
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: company we use is klensoid the rep from them ask for a print out from you so we can get the treatment right
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just need a print out for what Weil Mclain spec are so they can twik the chemicals
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 9 months ago.

Here is a link to a PDF of the installation instructions. On page 31 it discusses filling the boiler. You did not specify if it is a steam or a water boiler. At any rate, page 31 tells you the specs. For steam it specifies a Ph between 7.0 and 8.5. For the water boiler it just says above 7.0. I would expect to see it between 7.0 and 8.5. But your water treatment guy should be able to take this information and get you at the appropriate softness and neutral levels. Thanks. Please remember to rate me otherwise, I am not compensated.

http://www.weil-mclain.com/sites/default/files/field-file/88-manual_1.pdf